Program Analyst [Regional Technical Assistance]
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Office of Executive Director
- Mid Level
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 423 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation.
ARC is seeking a Regional Program Analyst [Technical Assistance] to take on a senior level role with oversight of leading and managing a successful regional technical assistance (TA) program. Incumbent will have full autonomy to develop, implement, execute and maintain the program. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and maintain a library of presentations for audience-appropriate content. Develop and maintain a database of internal staff skills and expertise for specific speaking engagements and other internal purposes. This position is located in the Executive Director’s office, reports to the Chief of Staff and works in collaboration with a mission driven staff, especially the program and communications teams to carry out ARC’s TA program.
- Strong planning and time-management skills to include goals setting and meeting deadlines.
- Impeccable communication skills: clear articulation and engaging presentation style.
- Superb writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong ability to use decisiveness, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making tools.
- Excellent analytical and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and pptx.
- Adept technology knowledge with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication, critical analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and bring an energetic and innovative approach to his or her work.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience related to grant management & economic development.
- PMP certification desired.
- Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review.
- Ability to travel (~50%). If travel is needed, must maintain and possess a valid driver’s license.
Great Benefits: ARC offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc. This is not a federal position; however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits. ARC generally follows the General Schedule Salary Table of the Federal government. ARC’s grades denoted by “NF” are equivalent to the federal grade(s) on the GS chart. This position is an NF-13 (DC locality). This position is located in Washington, DC.
Strong Mission: Curious about the work we do at ARC? Read more about our newly released strategic plan, Appalachia Envisioned, to check out our goals for the next five years. Our team is dedicated to innovation, partnerships, and investments in the Appalachian Region to help achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation. See our work in action at the Appalachia Envisioned Roadshow, where ARC is hitting the road to highlight those strategic goals and how Appalachia’s 13 states are working to achieve them.
Equal Employment Policy
ARC is an equal employment opportunity employer and endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of ARC’s business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, he or she should contact the Director, Human Resources. If an applicant has any questions or concerns, he or she should reach out to the Lisa Pansegrouw, Director, Human Resources at 202.884.7770 or at email@example.com