The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 420 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation.
ARC seeks an accounting analyst to support a variety of areas including financial management reports, month-end reports, payroll, and accounts payable using both federal and non-federal systems. This position will be a financial and data guru responsible for entering, analyzing, retrieving, reporting, reconciling and coding financial and payroll data. This position reports to the Division Director.
- Proven experience with data analysis, financial reporting and accounting functions
- Expert data accuracy ability, strong attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Ability to apply finance and accounting regulations and processes within Federal and Private Sectors, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and federal accounting standards
- Proficiency with a variety of applications including Excel; ability to learn and use finance/accounting software
- Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication, and critical analysis
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment bringing an energetic and innovative approach to the work
- Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) as conditions are determined given COVID-19
ARC offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc. This is not a federal position, however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits. ARC generally follows the General Schedule Salary Table of the Federal government. ARC’s grades denoted by “NF” are equivalent to the GS chart. This position is an NF 11-12 (DC locality). Position is located in Washington, DC.
Equal Employment Policy
ARC is an equal employment opportunity employer and endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of ARC’s business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, he or she should contact the Director, Human Resources. If an applicant has any questions or concerns, he or she should reach out to the Director, Human Resources at 202.884.7712 or at firstname.lastname@example.org