The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 420 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation.
ARC seeks an experienced HR Coordinator to support all administration duties of our HR Division. Responsible for coordinating internal programs including onboarding, data maintenance and reporting, internal communications, and employee engagement, for Non-Federal and Federal staff. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Strong writing skills in drafting and reviewing policy manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Internal Communications.
- Familiarity with federal, state, and local HR regulations, and benefits (i.e., ADA, EEOC, FMLA, HIPAA) including the ability to stay up to date and apply information to ARC structure and process.
Adept proficiency with a variety of software including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with HR software (ATS, HRIS, Document Management etc.).
Demonstrated effective organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor with complete respect for confidentiality of sensitive data, discretion, and a customer service perspective.
- Strong business and HR acumen skills.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, professional demeanor including complete respect for the confidentiality of sensitive data, discretion, and a customer service perspective.
- Ability to implement effective and relevant improvements, enhancements, and programs in the HR area.
- Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication and critical analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and bring an energetic and innovative approach to his or her work.
- Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review; U.S. citizenship required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of professional work experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Great Benefits: ARC offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, and teleworking. This is not a federal position, however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits. ARC generally follows the General Schedule Salary Table of the Federal government. ARC’s grades denoted by “NF” are equivalent to the GS chart. This is a hybrid position (NF-10 DC locality) located in Washington, DC and requires three “in-person” days in the office.
Strong Mission: Curious about the work we do at ARC? Read more about our newly released strategic plan, Appalachia Envisioned, to check out our goals for the next five years. Our team is dedicated to innovation, partnerships, and investments in the Appalachian Region to help achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation. See our work in action at the Appalachia Envisioned Roadshow, where ARC is hitting the road to highlight those strategic goals and how Appalachia’s 13 states are working to achieve them.
Equal Employment Policy
ARC is an equal employment opportunity employer and endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of ARC’s business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, he or she should contact the Director, Human Resources. If an applicant has any questions or concerns, he or she should reach out to the Lisa Pansegrouw, Director, Human Resources at 202.884.7770 or at [email protected]