Management Analyst [OIG)
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 423 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation. The Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) mission is to promote and preserve the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of ARC.
The Office of Inspector General seeking a highly organized and collaborative team player to join our team a Management Analyst to plan, organize, conduct, and manage audits, reviews, and other assessments. Manage and oversee audits of Commission's programs performed by the contractors working on behalf of the Office of Inspector General. Incumbent will draft policies, procedures, and directives related to the audit function of the Office of Inspector General. This position reports to the Inspector General.
- Solid experience with management of audits and grants administration processes.
- Adept ability to analyze, assess, and interpret large datasets.
- Strong knowledge of the Uniform Guidance and other laws, regulations, and policies governing federal grants.
- Demonstrated experience of government acquisition processes, and the ability to manage and administer multiple contracts.
- Good communication skills with clear articulation and engaging presentation style for meetings.
- Strong attention to detail with superb follow-up & organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills for audit reviews.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborating with a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong technology knowledge with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Core competencies: accountability, adaptability, collaboration, communication, critical analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and bring an energetic and innovative approach to his or her work.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review.
- Travel is minimal to none. If travel is needed, the incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Great Benefits: ARC offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, 401(k), paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc. This is not a federal position; however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits. ARC generally follows the General Schedule Salary Table of the Federal government. ARC’s grades denoted by “NF” are equivalent to the federal grade(s) on the GS chart. This position is an NF11 (DC locality).
Strong Mission: Curious about the work we do at ARC? Read more about our newly-released strategic plan, Appalachia Envisioned, to check out ARC’s goals for the next five years. Our team is dedicated to innovation, partnerships, and investments in the Appalachian Region to help achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation. See our work in action at the Appalachia Envisioned Roadshow, where ARC is hitting the road to highlight those strategic goals and how Appalachia’s 13 states are working to achieve them. For more information about the ARC OIG, please visit the ARC OIG website.
Equal Employment Policy
ARC is an equal employment opportunity employer and endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of ARC’s business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, he or she should contact the Director, Human Resources. If an applicant has any questions or concerns, he or she should reach out to the Lisa Pansegrouw, Director, Human Resources at 202.884.7770 or at email@example.com